RHS Campaign for School Gardening Terms & Conditions
The RHS Campaign for School Gardening would like to inform you of its terms and conditions
1. www.schoolgardening.rhs.org.uk is operated by The Royal Horticultural Society a charity registered in England and Wales (Reg. No. 222879) and Scotland (SC038262).
2. Use of the term “RHS” in these Terms and Conditions means the Royal Horticultural Society and any company or legal entity controlled by or under common control with the Royal Horticultural Society. Unless otherwise stated, the term “RHS” therefore includes RHS Enterprises Limited and RHS Special Events Limited - both trading companies wholly owned by the Royal Horticultural Society.
3. By accessing the Website you agree to abide by any and all of the following Terms and Conditions governing use of the Website. The RHS may change these Terms and Conditions from time to time. It is your responsibility to check the Terms and Conditions regularly. You will be deemed to have accepted any amended Terms and Conditions if you continue to make use of the Website after a change to the Terms and Conditions has been made.
4. These Terms and Conditions may from time to time be supplemented by additional Terms and Conditions and these will be shown on relevant application forms or as part of any registration process included on the Website.
1. By using the Website you agree to use it for lawful purposes. The Website may not be used to harass, cause distress or inconvenience any individual person or organisation. You may not use the Website to publish, post, distribute, disseminate or otherwise transmit defamatory, obscene, indecent or offensive content or to cause or promote an unlawful act.
2. You agree not to attempt to obtain unauthorised access through whatever means to any part of the Website which is restricted and to which you are not entitled to access.
1. All copyright, trademarks, design rights, patents, brand, business name and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on the Website and all content (including, but not limited to, text, graphics, photographs, applications and information) on the site belong to the RHS or its licensors (which includes other users), or appear with the permission of others who own the intellectual property rights. The materials on this Website are protected by, inter alia, copyright. You may use materials freely for educational purposes, research and private study but may not, for profit or any other purpose, reproduce or transmit those materials or any part of those materials in any other form or by any means without the prior written consent of the RHS. Subject to that, use of the Website does not confer a right or licence to use any copyright, design right or trademark of the RHS.
2. Where downloads of third party software are made available on the Website, they are owned by the third party licensor in question and will be subject to any Terms and Conditions applied by the relevant licensor.
3. Other owners and/ or operators of websites may not link to the Website for commercial purposes without the prior written consent of the RHS. Links may be established for non-commercial purposes but that link must not open the Website within a frame of another website.
Certain parts of the Website may only be accessed using a password. The RHS may issue you with a password, but is under no obligation to do so and reserves the right to refuse to issue you with a password without reason. In the event that you are provided with a password to make use of any part of the Website, you must keep that password confidential.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
1. The RHS is not responsible for any content posted by members of the Society or members of the public on the Website or for the availability or content of any third party sites (i.e. those controlled by parties other than the RHS including those that may claim to be a “partner” of or “licensed by” the RHS) that are accessible through the Website. Any links to third party websites from the Website do not amount to an endorsement of that site by the RHS and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
2. The majority of content posted as comments on articles and blogs is created by members of the Society or the general public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the RHS.
3. The Website is provided on an “as is” basis and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, the RHS excludes all representations or warranties (whether express or implied by law), including implied warranties of satisfactory quality, accuracy and suitability for purpose. While the RHS uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the content of the Website is accurate, it accepts no responsibility for errors, omissions or inaccurate content. Except for death or personal injury arising through the negligence of the RHS, the RHS shall not be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage arising from use or reliance on any of the content of the Website and/ or use of the Website.
4. The RHS uses reasonable endeavours to ensure a fast and reliable service, but excludes to the fullest extent permitted by law any liability for disruption of the Website, however caused, and/ or for the security of the services on the Website. By using the Website you accept that the RHS does not warrant that the server or servers that make the Website available are free of viruses or bugs and that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the data that you send to or receive from the Website.
5. Unless otherwise stated, the RHS makes no warranty whatsoever as to any goods or services purchased or obtained or offered through use of the Website whether directly or otherwise. Any relationship that you may enter into with a third party is a matter solely for you and the third party and the RHS shall not be liable for any consequences whatsoever and however they may arise from that relationship. For the avoidance of doubt, RHS Enterprises Limited and RHS Special Events Limited are treated as third parties for the purpose of this paragraph.
1. By submitting photographs to the Website you confirm that you and your organisation are acting in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 as a Data Controller and that you have written consent of individuals contained in the photographs to submit these images,
2. By submitting photographs to the Website you confirm that these photographs may be used by the RHS without time limit and for any purpose and in any media, for example, marketing material, websites, RHS publications, educational material etc. They may be circulated to the media in press releases or for promotional purposes. The RHS will not give any third parties permission to use the photographs for advertising purposes.
3. By submitting to the Website photographs of any individual aged 16 and under, you confirm that you have obtained the written consent of that individual’s parent / guardian to provide photographs to the RHS.
1. You must not submit any personal data such the name, interests, background story relating to other individuals on this website without their written consent. In particular, any personal data relating to a child aged 16 or under must not be submitted on this website without the explicit written consent from the responsible parent or guardian of the child.
2. By submitting the personal data you confirm that you have obtained the consent of that individual or in the case of a child, the child’s parent or guardian’s explicit written consent to publish and use their personal on this website in connection with Campaign for School Gardening.
3. Where you are representing a school, you confirm that you have obtained the school’s consent to use its name and location being published on this website in connection with Campaign for School Gardening website and that the school has agreed to take part in any publicity as conducted by the RHS Press Office or Campaign for School Gardening team.
Termination of Access to the Website
1. The RHS may terminate the provision of the Website or restrict your access to all or any part of the Website if any event beyond its reasonable control prevents the RHS from continuing to provide the Website.
2. The RHS retains the absolute right with or without notice to prevent you accessing the Website in part or its entirety where at the sole discretion of the RHS it is considered that you are contravening or have breached the Terms and Conditions of use of this Website.
Non-enforcement of the Rights of the RHS
In the event that the RHS does not exercise or enforce any right in these Terms and Conditions, this does not waive the RHS's right to enforce that right at a later date or on another occasion. Validity of these Terms and Conditions If any of the Terms and Conditions for the use of the Website are determined to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that Term and Condition is unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall continue to be binding and enforceable.
Jurisdiction and Choice of Law
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.
If you have any queries concerning any part of these Terms and Conditions and the privacy and cookie policies, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org