RHS horticulturists have teamed up with the Food Teachers Centre to provide a practical course to enable you to put pupils’ health and wellbeing at the centre of your school with an ethos and culture of great food.
The Food Teachers Centre is a vibrant online community of food teachers supported by experienced associates. It provides a platform to exchange best practice, give advice and support to less experienced teachers, answer practical concerns and keep teachers abreast of the latest curriculum changes.
Attending this course will give you hands-on opportunities to learn some of the key skills needed to grow and cook with your own produce.
After the course you will receive ongoing support by email with suggested resources and have access to a social media page to discuss and share your ideas.
- Meet the new Ofsted criteria and School Food Plan requirements with effective growing and cooking
- Make growing and cooking food manageable and accessible in your school
- Gain the skills and knowledge to grow some easy crops in containers and gardens
- Gain the skills and confidence to cook imaginative and seasonal produce with your class
- Learn successful strategies that support healthier choices and put young people in the driving seat of decisions about the food served in your school
- Deliver fun, engaging and real-life lessons packed full of maths, literacy and science content